Principles Of Leading Change
COMMUNICATE - COMMUNICATE - COMMUNICATE
- Constantly communicate why change
- People look for the "chink in the amour" at senior management level which gives them permission not to "get on board" senior management must be aligned
- Cultural preferences can pre dominate concerns - dig into the root of the concerns rather than gloss over them
- Focus on the "oh dar" factor - tell people the "impact not the output"
- Engage others in problem solving - people want to influence what happens to them
- Be patient when culture in changing
- Help the individual change - the individual must change before the organization can change
- Go towards those who protest the most - for a while, enlist or get them out of the way
- Success is often in the details - you need to anticipate the "nitty gritty"
- Get the strategy "nearly right" - get the implementation "roughly right" and execute
- Find the right people - value the diversity of peoples skills in different stages of the change process
- Build on the success as it happens
- Don't leave the wounded on the battle field