Results- driven Business Strategist successful in creating a vision, identifying opportunities, building organizations, and delivering strong revenues and profits despite intense market competition. Multi – dimensional management professional with a strong, comprehensive understanding of the culture, operations, and practices of international markets. A strong, resourceful leader and decision maker with a record of new product success and established product enhancement. Expertise in competitively acquiring and positioning products for international distribution. Financial, strategic analysis/planning and problem -solving expertise combine to assess, establish and master new and existing markets. Extensive international experience including Australia, Europe, Latin America and Asia. Strong cross- cultural communications and liaison experience throughout 50 countries worldwide. Expert in change management. Board Member public, private & not for profit
• Global Market Development
• Strategic Planning & Leadership
• Revenue & Profit Growth
• Mergers & Acquisitions
• New Product Development
• Acquisition Integration & Post-Integration Leadership
• Team Development & Leadership
• Finance, Budgeting & Cash Management
Promoted through a series of increasingly responsible management positions for this global consumer goods manufacturer and distributor. Consistently delivered solid revenue and profit results growth.
President/CEO (1997 – current)
Challenge: To accelerate profitable growth through aggressive acquisition of new consumer products, and become a “Fortress of Brands” company.
Responsibility: Senior management responsibility for strategic planning, revenue growth, finance, corporate culture and values, administration and P&L. $381 M in revenue. NASDAQ listed market cap $ 1.5 billion (1 1/16).
• Transitioned company from one -brand company to a 9- brand company; increasing sales from $137M to $381M
• Delivered CAGR – total shareholder return of 26 % for period 2011- 2015
• Planned, negotiated and managed successful acquisitions of 8 brands.
• Lead the development of a platform based extension of the WD -40 brand – WD -40 Specialist – WD -40 BIKE
• Directed all efforts in successfully marketing products in more than 176 countries worldwide.
Challenge: To establish and penetrate international consumer products marketplace.
Responsibility: Senior management responsibility for strategic planning, operations, marketing, finance, administration, human resource and P&L.
• Identified opportunities, structured and launched company’s international market presence.
• Led the successful start-up of operations in Germany, France, Spain, and Malaysia.
• Built and managed infrastructure recruited management team and positioned the company for
• $50M growth in revenue through International sales.
• Hired, trained and mentored international leadership team.
Challenge: To establish and manage subsidiaries throughout Asia and Australia.
Responsibility: Management responsibility for strategic planning, operations, administration,
human resources, information technology and P&L.
• Planned, established and managed operations throughout Australia and Asia.
• Increased revenue from $2.5M to $12M.
• Designed and implemented regional strategic plans, and policies and procedures
• Hired, trained and mentored 12 direct reports, ensuring uniform corporate vision.
Managing Director for this brand leader in the Australian Car Seat Cover Market.
Granted Outstanding Service to Industry Award by Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association.
Challenge: To manage the successful merger of two divisions.
Responsibility: Management responsibility for strategic planning, operations, vision, and mission. 80 employees and $15M in revenue.
• Orchestrated and managed all merger and post-merger initiatives.
• Developed a framework for the organization’s vision, mission, and shared values.
The University of San Diego, San Diego, CA
Master of Science Degree in Executive Leadership, 2001
Waltons Stores Ltd Sydney, Australia
Certificate in Wholesale Distribution and Modern Retailing (Waltons Stores Ltd) 1976
Australian Institute of Company Directors,Sydney, Australia – Fellow
Australian Marketing Institute, Melbourne, Australia – Certified Practicing Marketer
The University of San Diego, San Diego CA
The University of San Diego Author E. Hughes – 2004 Career Achievement Award Recipient
• E & Y Master Entrepreneur of the Year 2006
• Director of the Year for Enhancement of Economic Value
• Corporate Directors Forum – San Diego, CA
• Adjunct Professor – University of San Diego – Talent Management & Succession Planning
• Co-author with Ken Blanchard – Helping People Win at Work – FT Press – May 2009
• Most Admired CEO – Lifetime Award – San Diego Business Journal 2015
• Simon Sinek – Igniter of the Year 2016
• # 4 – Top 10 Global CEO’s – Inc.com March 2107
WD-40 Company (NASDAQ -WDFC) board member 1997 – current
Corporate Directors Forum – Past Chairman of the Board – San Diego http://www.directorsforum.org/
The Ken Blanchard Companies – Past Board Member
The San Diego Foundation – Vice Chairman of the Board
TrendSource Inc – Advisory Board
Extensive experience with Investment & banking community (Wall St)
Keywords: Chief Executive Officer, President, US and International Markets, Board Member